close
close

“My 13-year-old son was attacked by adult men who drove up in a car and jumped on him – now I won’t even let him leave the estate”

A mum has spoken of her horror after her teenage son was “attacked” by a group of men who drove up in a car and attacked him and several of his friends.

Kirsty, 36, who asked us not to use her full name, said her son was in Burnage Lane, Manchester, on Sunday, June 2, when the attack took place. The men kicked the boy in the head so that he had to be taken to hospital.




That afternoon, Kirsty’s mother tried repeatedly to call her 13-year-old son, but he didn’t answer. Just after 6:30 p.m., concerned, she called again and the phone was answered by a man, the stepfather of one of her son’s friends, who told her he had been “hurt.”

READ MORE: Jury sworn in the trial of Lucy Letby, accused of attempting to murder her daughter

Recalling the phone call, Kirsty, from Heaton Moor, said: “I’m a very panicked mum so whenever someone answers my son’s phone I ask myself: ‘Where is my son, is he okay, what happened to him?’ ‘

“Usually someone says they dropped their phone, but this time they said, ‘I’m really sorry to say this, but your son, my son and their friends were attacked by a group of men.’

“I started to panic and break down, and he told me that my son was hurt and rocking back and forth and that it was the worst for him.”

Kirsty said the other parent brought her son home. After returning home, he told her that he and two friends were walking down the street when a car drove past them, stopped and waited. He said a group of men then jumped out and attacked them.